Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Dakota Truck Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-16-2017, 06:19 AM

Default 1996 Dodge Dakota replaceing blower motor

I was wondering do i have to remove the complete dash in order to replace the AC/ heater blower motor? I replaced the blower motor resister and it still didnt fix it. I banged on the outside of the heater box several times and it slowly started working again but im sure it wont for long.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:27 PM

If I remember correctly you can remove just the lower portion of the dash by the glove box. That will give you enough room to get the blower motor out. It's been a long time since I did one. Chrysler had good blower motors, compared to brand X vehicles.
Old 01-18-2017, 02:50 AM

Biggrin

If you by chance have to take the whole dash apart, replace the heater core and AC evaporator. That may eliminate having to pull the dash again to replace one of those.
Old 01-24-2017, 12:02 AM
Inactive User

JVMopar is correct, the lower portion of the right dash, vac lines to recirc actuator and 7 screws that secure the blower motor cover to the housing.
Old 01-24-2017, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVMopar View Post
If I remember correctly you can remove just the lower portion of the dash by the glove box. That will give you enough room to get the blower motor out. It's been a long time since I did one. Chrysler had good blower motors, compared to brand X vehicles.
Thats what i was hopeing for. I also agree with you on Chrysler haveing good blower motors, because i have a 69 Charger and after it sat for years the original blower motor still works
Old 01-24-2017, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick View Post
If you by chance have to take the whole dash apart, replace the heater core and AC evaporator. That may eliminate having to pull the dash again to replace one of those.
I agree and the heater core does need to be replaced but this is just a quick fix for someone else.
Old 01-24-2017, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFBROWN View Post
JVMopar is correct, the lower portion of the right dash, vac lines to recirc actuator and 7 screws that secure the blower motor cover to the housing.
That sounds great. So i remove the srews and pull the motor forward? Ill have to take it apart to see. It is not my truck and someone wanted a temporary fix